Saturday 28 July 2012

A farewell lunch

My view from the lunch table: the red rose 'City of Dublin' was glorious.

The garden has a lovely 'borrowed landscape' - and a fine Ferula in the border.
With the days to my departure for North Yorkshire ticking away I've been rather busy finishing things off here and preparing for the packing horror to come. It was therefore very pleasant to be able to leave that all behind for a while today and go to have lunch with my friends Walter and Celia Sawyer at their weekend home just over the county border in Warwickshire. Several of my gardening friends from the Cotswolds were there and the combination of good food, good company and a lovely garden on a decent day was delightful. I just hope it won't be to long before I see them again.

Gladiolus flanaganii is forming a good clump in gravel close up to the house - a superb recent introduction.

Lilium 'Red Velvet' impresses me wherever I see it.

The abundant flowers of Clematis 'Negritianka'
 
Hosts and guests: (L-R) Lyn Sales, Walter Sawyer, Celia Sawyer, Sibylle Kreutzberger, Andrew Lawson.



2 comments:

  1. I suppose we should not feel too sorry for you: moving from one paradise to another--and taking on yet another challenge...moving home is a challenge and an ordeal in the best of circumstances! Your many friends across the globe will be thinking of you as you pass through this great transition, and we shall be watching anxiously as you transition once gain through your extraordinary plantsman's instars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the move and we all look forward to your posts from Yorkshire. You're certainly going from one wonderful world of gardens to another!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.